Some Benefits Of Working With Epic Drops
We’re Hiring For The Following Positions
- You MUST include a resume with your submission, and any resumes without a portfolio link on them will not be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Resumes with a cover letter will be put to the top of the list. Please include a short cover letter explaining why you are the right person to take Epic Drops to the next level.
- Resumes should include desired compensation and benefits.
- Unique and creative is not just okay, it’s preferred.
Our company, Epic Drops is a B2C company driven to bringing fun and creative merchandise to the fans of some of the biggest names in video games and entertainment. As our newest creative director, you will be leading a team of thinkers and doers, the right creative director will bring a mix of design and marketing, expertise and business understanding to the position, promoting our company and furthering our image of expertise. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
We’re looking for a smart, driven, and demanding creative director with 4+ years of agency experience to help deliver industry changing ideas, collaborate with a team of creatives, develop new softlines and oversee the creative process at Epic Drops.
The creative director is an integral member of our team, leading our creative process and collaborating closely with product developers, graphic designers, copywriters, video producers, and account executives to concept, develop, and create. High-concept individuals with a penchant for design and leadership, who also have great communication and leadership skills, are ideal candidates for this job. The creative director must be a standout idea generator and problem solver with excellent organizational skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Director:
- Discover, evaluate, recruit and mentor/develop new creative talent via traditional and non-traditional recruitment channels (including intern, part-time, contract, & full-time creatives).
- Lead a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of messages and creative deliverables.
- Lead a team of softlines designers in the development of new softline products.
- Management of the development of softlines related products, including sourcing.
- Conduct brainstorming & planning sessions with creative team, using strategic creativity to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives that fit within the client’s budget.
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences.
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables.
- Strong presentation abilities – you can own the room.
As a Designer:
- Should be an expert in design; respecting brands, softlines, website design, digital ads, and other marketing collateral.
- Must have keen eye for detail and experience with proofing.
- Able to meet deadlines and work to proactively identify issues that may impact commitments for the team.
- Proficient ability to apply graphic design skills including drawing, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, scale, and presentation in digital mediums.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to lead groups away from their comfort zone
- Strategic thinking allows you to design creative that both adheres to client brand guidelines and project objectives.
- Strong presentation abilities – you can own the room.
- Contributes to brand planning by conducting quantitative + qualitative research for insight development and campaign development with an account executive.
- Provides thought leadership and best-in-class case studies, regularly sharing knowledge on emerging technologies, trends, and user behaviors with internal teams.
- Educate and communicate with clients and internal teams to provide support and perspectives on initiatives in the design space.
- Has the confidence to bring an idea to the table and make it happen.
- Attend webinars, read industry blogs and engage with creative thought leaders in the space in order to develop a POV regarding new service offerings that adapt to a rapidly changing landscape in our business.
- Design expert.
- 6-8 years previous senior level or director level experience.
- Expertise in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator a must. AfterEffects / Premier skills are a huge bonus
- Creative thinker and idea-generator; not afraid to take chances or look foolish. Sometimes the crazy ideas are the best ideas.
- Expertise in softlines design and development process.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Some experience writing conceptual copy for print, tv, outdoor, and digital.
- Strong internal and client-facing presentation skills; ability to sell an idea (on the phone, via email, in person).
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines. Ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proactive in every way possible; always thinking 3 steps ahead.
- Seeks out opportunities to brainstorm and creatively think outside of the box.
- Open to wearing many hats and helping the team wherever necessary.
- Send desired compensation & benefits with resume.
Please Submit Your CV
We’re going to assume that if you’ve made it this far, you know how to properly fill out and submit a CV. We won’t ask you to repeat it here, just fill out the form below and hit send.